Angel Hair Pasta with Oil and Garlic (Aglio Et Olio)
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- Kosher salt, to taste, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 lb. Angel Hair Pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ lemon, zested, optional
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, optional
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat, then salt it generously. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally until al dente, tender but not mushy, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, combine the garlic, olive oil, the 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet and warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic softens and turns golden, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta in a colander set in the sink, reserving about a ¼ cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta and the reserved water to the garlic mixture. Mix well. Add the parsley and lemon zest (if using). Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl or divide amongst 4 to 6 dishes. Serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.
Great Served with Parmesan Chicken