Recipe type: Dessert
- 5 c. peeled and sliced cooking apples
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. + ½ tbsp. flour, divided
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ c. water
- ½ c. quick cooking rolled oats
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- Place the sliced apples in a 9" square pan.
- Mix sugar, ½ tbsp. flour, and cinnamon together, and sprinkle over the apples. Pour water evenly over all; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine oats, remaining ½ c. flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter. Stir to combine and then crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.