Apple Pecan Dump Cake
Recipe type: Cake
- 1 (17 oz) can apple pie filling
- ½ c. butter
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1 c. brown sugar, divided
- 1 c. pecans
- cinnamon (optional)
- Pour pie filling into a buttered 12" Dutch oven and level.
- Add cinnamon to taste.
- Cut butter into chunks and place around the dutch oven.
- Sprinkle ⅔ c. of the brown sugar onto the pie filling.
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions on the box and pour over the pie filling and butter.
- Place the pecans around the top of the cake mix and then sprinkle the remaining brown sugar.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream or just cold milk.