Apple Pecan Dump Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (17 oz) can apple pie filling
- ½ c. butter
- 1 lemon cake mix + ingredients required to mix it up
- 1 c. brown sugar, divided
- 1 c. pecans
- cinnamon, optional
- Pour pie filling into a buttered 12" Dutch oven and level. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cut butter into pads and place around the dutch oven. Sprinkle ⅔ c. of brown sugar onto the pie filling.
- Mix the cake according to the instructions on the box and pour over the pie filling and butter. Place the whole cup of pecans around the top of the cake mix and sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar. Cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream or just cold milk.