Recipe type: Canning
- 3 c. pureed apricots
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 1 box powdered fruit pectin
- ½ tsp. butter (optional- helps reduce the foam)
- 8 c. sugar
- Chop finely or grind unpeeled and pitted apricots. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-qt. saucepot. Add crushed pineapple and lemon juice.
- Stir pectin into prepared fruit in saucepot. Add butter. Bring mixture to full rolling boil, that you can't stir down, on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar.
- Return to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 4 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Using a jelly funnel and a ladle, fill the sterilized jars leaving ¼" head space. Put the sterilized lids and rings on.
- Place jars in canner. Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover with lid. bring water to a boil. Process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright to cool completely.
- Make sure they sealed and store for later use. If it happened not to seal, then refrigerate.
- Yield: 4-5 pints.