Baby Back Ribs
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 8 tbsp. light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. jalapeno seasoning
- ½ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ tsp. rubbed thyme
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 c. white wine
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 whole slabs pork baby back ribs
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down.
- Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour.
- In a microwavable container, combine white wine, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey and garlic for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2½ hours.
- Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepan. Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until of a thick syrup consistency. Brush the glaze onto the ribs.
- Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly. Slice each slab into 2 rib bone portions. Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.