Bean Thread Salad with Lime Dressing
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 oz. bean thread (also known as glass noodles), cook in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain
- ¼ lb ground pork or turkey
- ½ lb raw shrimp (31-40), shelled and deveined
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. red onion, diced
- 3 green onion, chopped
- ¼ c. cilantro, leaves only
- ½ c. chopped peanuts for topping
- 3 T. fish sauce
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- ¼ c. water
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
Mix all together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the wok or pan on medium heat until it's hot. Add the sesame oil and garlic, cook for a minute.
- Add the raw shrimp and ground pork, cook until shrimps are no longer pink.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Add the red onion, cooked bean thread and cilantro to the meat mixture.
- Gently toss all together until well mixed.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top and serve. This can be served warm or cold.