Caramel Pecan Brownies
Recipe type: Cookies & Squares
- 4 squares Baker's Premium 70% Dark Chocolate
- ¾ cup Butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ pkg (269g) caramels (50-55 caramels)
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup pecan halves, divided
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil, with ends extending over sides. Spray with cooking spray. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM for 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar and eggs; mix well. Stir in flour until well blended. Spread half the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 mins. or until top is firm to the touch.
- Microwave caramels and cream in medium microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM for 2 mins or until caramels begin to melt. Stir until caramels are completely melted. Stir in ½ cup nuts.
- Spread caramel mixture over brownie layer in pan. Cover with remaining brownie batter. (Some caramel mixture may peek through) Top with remaining nuts.
- Bake 25 mins or until top is firm to the touch. Cool in pan on wire rack. Use foil handles to lift brownies from pan before cutting to serve.