Recipe type: Candy
- 1 c. butter or margarine
- 2¼ c. brown sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- large marshmallows
- Butter 2 medium sized cookie sheets well.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add brown sugar and salt. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Stir in light corn syrup. Mix well. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until candy reaches firm ball stage (245-250) about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into the 2 cookie sheets.
- While caramel is still warm, cut each pan into 4 pieces. Line up marshmallows, roll caramel and seal edges.
- Roll in nut pieces to lightly coat.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate.