- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¾ c. chopped onion
- ¾ c. shredded carrots
- ¾ c. diced celery
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 T. butter, divided
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 4 c. peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese or 16 oz. Velveeta processed cheese
- 1½ c. milk
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ c. sour cream
- Brown beef in a 3 qt. saucepan. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 1 T. butter and add onion, carrots, parsley, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small skillet melt remaining butter and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.