Cherry Cordial Crème Cheesecake
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ c. butter, melted
- 1¼ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ c. flour
- ½ c. cocoa
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. whipping cream
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 25 Hershey's Kisses milk chocolate filled with CHERRY CORDIAL crème, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 350°. Line a 9" round cake pan with foil, extending foil beyond sides. Grease foil.
- Stir together melted butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Add eggs; beat well using a spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating with spoon until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cake is set. The cake is fudgy and will not test done. Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Gradually fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over brownie layer. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Use foil to lift out of pan; remove foil. Just before serving, put drained cherry pie filling in 5-inch wide heart shape in center of dessert. Place chocolates around edge. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining pie filling. Cover and refrigerate leftover dessert.
I found this recipe on the back of the Hershey Kisses bag. When I do it next time, I think I'll leave the kisses off. I also think fresh strawberries, sliced, would be delicious!