Chicken and Black Bean Tostados
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (1 lb. chicken breasts)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or seco (crumbled Mexican cheese)
- In a bowl, combine the black beans, chicken breasts, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, lime juice and green onions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet, add corn tortillas, one at a time, in oil, and cook for 30 seconds per side. Place on paper towels to drain.
- While still hot, top with chicken mixture, some Pico de Gallo, Guacamole and crumbled cheese. Serve immediately.