Saucy Sriracha Wings
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 2 T. chicken rub
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 2 lb. chicken wings, thawed
- 5 T. butter, melted
- ⅓ c. dark brown sugar
- 2-4 T. Sriracha (depending on your heat preferences)
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. lime zest (or 1 tsp. lime pepper)
- 1 T. garlic, crushed
- 1 T. ginger, crushed
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 325° and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss wings with sesame oil. Sprinkle with chicken rub. Stir to coat. Place the wings directly on the grill.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°.
- While wings are cooking, combine the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- Once wings reach an internal temperature of 160° remove from grill. Turn the Traeger up to high and preheat, lid closed, for 10 minutes.
- Toss the cooked wings in half of the sauce mixture (just enough to coat them) and place back on the grill for 10 to 15 minutes (or until sauce caramelizes).
- Serve with the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Sweet and Tangy Wing Sauce is another sauce we like to use on these wings.