Chocolate Lover's Bundt Cake
Recipe type: Cake
- 1 pkg. Devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 c. sour cream
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4½ oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 10" bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in sour cream, melted butter, eggs and almond extract. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely. Top with ganache.
- Place chocolate into a small bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring it over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward.
- For a fluffy frosting or chocolate filling, allow it to cool until thick and then whip with a whisk until light and fluffy.