Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Glaze
Recipe type: Breads
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. applesauce
- 3 c. grated zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1½ tbsp. cocoa
- 1½ tsp. oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease two loaf pans.
- In the microwave, melt chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, zucchini/squash, vanilla and chocolate. Beat well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Divide batter between two pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Just after baking, prepare chocolate glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar, milk, cocoa, and oil.
- Spread evenly over both loaves.