Recipe type: Main Dishes
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown hamburger and onion. Add chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, cloves, bay leaf, chocolate, beef broth, tomato sauce, cider vinegar, and red pepper. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- It is the best if you now refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the bay leaf. Reheat gently over medium heat.
- Serve over hot, drained spaghetti. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.