Cranberry Pecan Pie
Recipe type: Pies
- Pastry for 1-crust pie (see note)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups + 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup + 1 ½ Tbsp. dark corn syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1½ Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 1½ cup cranberries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
- In a large bowl slightly beat eggs, then add sugar and whisk together with a wire whisk. Add salt, corn syrup, vanilla and butter. Mix well.
- Place cranberries in bottom of an unbaked 9-inch pie shell. Sprinkle pecans on top of cranberries. Slowly pour filling evenly on top of pecans and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until filling is set. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Be sure to bake in a 9-inch pie shell; an 8-inch shell will overflow.