Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 c. water
- ½ c. butter
- 1 c. flour
- 4 eggs
- Bring water and butter to a boil. Reduce heat. Add flour all at once. Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- When cool, cut off the top, and clean out the middle.
- Fill the shell with cream, vanilla pudding and fresh strawberries. Replace the top. Serve immediately. Best if eaten in the same day. Leftovers aren't quite as good.
Do not beat the eggs with an electric mixer in a non-stick pan. You will have black specs throughout the dough and your pan will be ruined!