Creamy Chicken Shrimp Penne
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. penne noodles
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ c. dry (or alcohol free) white wine OR apple juice
- 1 (13½ oz.) can evaporated milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ lb. frozen, uncooked medium shrimp (peeled and deveined), thawed
- 1 c. chopped fresh spinach, lightly packed
- ½ c. grated parmesan cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8 - 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain. Return to the same saucepan. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic. Cook for 5 -10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink inside and starts to brown. Add to pasta. Toss and cover.
- Add wine to the same frying pan. Heat and stir, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Boil gently for about 1 minute or until it's reduced by half.
- Add the milk, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir and boil gently for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the shrimp. Stir. Cook, uncovered, for about 3 minutes until shrimp turn pink. Add the spinach, cheese, and tomatoes. Heat and stir about 1 minute until spinach is wilted. Add to pasta mixture. Toss.