Recipe type: Breakfast
- 18 large eggs
- 1½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ c. cottage cheese
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- ⅔ c. chopped bell peppers (or 1 4-oz. can of diced green chilies)
- ½ lb. ground breakfast sausage or bacon, cooked
- ½ c. chopped green onions
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 2 T. hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spray 2 muffin tins (12 muffin wells each) with Pam.
- Divide the egg mixture between the muffin wells. About ¼ c. each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set.
- Makes 24.
This is great for a quick and filling breakfast. I make large batches and freeze them. My husband grabs them early in the morning and then warms them up at work.