Festive Chicken Bake
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 3 tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. paprika
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4-6 oz. each)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 1 c. cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- ⅓ c. orange juice concentrate
- ¼ c. diced onion
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken. Toss until coated. Remove chicken. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium-high. Add chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side until browned. Arrange in a single layer in greased 2 qt. shallow baking dish.
- Stir broth into reserved flour mixture, in a small bowl, until smooth.
- Add remaining 5 ingredients. Stir and pour over the chicken.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for about 45 minutes. (May take longer depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Check that the internal temperature is at least 165° - 170°.) Great served with rice.