Grilled Hoisin Drumsticks
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- ⅓ c. oil
- 3 tbsp. rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger root
- 12 chicken drumsticks (3 -5 oz. each)
- ⅔ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. soy sauce
- ⅓ c. hoisin sauce
- ⅓ c. ketchup
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large resealable freezer bag. Add chicken. Seal bag. Turn until coated. Let stand in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken. Discard any remaining oil mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- Preheat gas barbecue to medium. Cook chicken on greased grill for 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush with soy sauce mixture. Cook for another 15 minutes, turning often and brushing with soy sauce mixture, until fully cooked and internal temperature reaches 170°.