Harvest Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, medium diced
- ¼ c. olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 T. butter
- 3 c. chicken stock
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of clove
- 1 tsp. curry
- ¼ c. pure maple syrup
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- Roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, toss butternut squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place squash on sheet tray and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned. While squash is roasting, place onion in a sauce pot with butter and sweat until translucent.
- Add chicken stock and roasted squash to the pot. Bring to a boil and cook until squash is tender. Place in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to sauce pot, add nutmeg, clove, curry and maple syrup. Stir in cream. Taste and adjust seasonings. To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds.
1 squash is approximately 3 - 3½ lbs. when peeled and cubed.