Recipe type: Main Dishes
- ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 oz. each
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 (20 oz) can sliced pineapple
- ½ c. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- In a large Ziplock bag combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in the oil. Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, bouillon and ginger. Drain pineapple into a 2-cup measuring cup; set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1¼ cups. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce. Gradually whisk into sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken; top with green pepper and reserved pineapple.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice.