Homestyle Beef Enchiladas
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic plus
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ tsp. roasted garlic & peppers
- 2 (15 oz.) cans enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (6-7" in diameter)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat. Pour off grease. Season with salt, pepper, garlic plus, cilantro, and roasted garlic & peppers.
- Stir in ½ cup enchilada sauce from one can. Set remaining sauce aside. Pour the second can of enchilada sauce into a shallow dish. Dip tortillas, one at a time, into sauce to coat both sides.
- Spoon beef mixture (about ¼ c.) evenly down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place beef enchiladas seam-side down in a 9x13 pan.
- Cover with foil and bake in over for 15 minutes. Uncover the enchiladas. Spoon reserved enchilada sauce over been enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue baking uncovered for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream (optional).