Lime Tortilla Chicken
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 1 c. finely crushed plain tortilla chips (for best results, crush in food processor or blender)
- 1 T. lime pepper (opt.)
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz. each)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 T. fresh cilantro (or 1 tsp. dried cilantro)
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. grated pepper jack cheese
- Place finely crushed tortilla chips and lime pepper on a plate. Combine oil, lime juice and honey in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken breasts in oil mixtures, then press in chips. Place on a foil lined (spray the foil) jelly-roll pan.. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken bakes, puree tomatoes, cilantro, chili powder and garlic powder together in food processor or blender to make a sauce. Remove chicken from oven and spread evenly with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking until cheese melts, about 5-8 minutes.