Old Dutch Caramel Corn
- 1 (175 g.) bag of Old Dutch Popcorn Twists
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Pour popcorn twists into a larger roaster pan.
- In a 2 qt. saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, set the timer for 2 minutes.
- Add the baking soda. This will cause the mixture to foam. Allow the foam to cook down slightly, then remove from heat. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn twists and stir until well mixed.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour onto wax or parchment paper. Allow to cool slightly and break apart