Oven Bake Chicken with Coconut Milk and Curry
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 lbs), cut in half
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 2 tbsp. rice wine
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ c. fish sauce
- 5 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 whole Thai peppers, chopped
Combine all ingredients together and serve.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rub entire chicken with marinade ingredients. Allow to marinade for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Bake the chicken on broiler pan with breast sides up for 50 to 60 minutes and then broil for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before cut into serving size pieces. Serve with dipping sauce if desired.
You can grill the chicken on medium high heat. If you have it at a low temperature the seasoning will go off the side. The high heat will seal it to the chicken.