- 8 oz. dried rice noodles
- 3 T. canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ lb shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 4 T. water (use only as needed if noodle mixture is too dry)
- 2 green onions, cut into 2" lengths
- ¼ c. roasted peanuts
- 1 c. bean sprouts
- Cilantro and lime wedges for garnishing
- ¼ c. fish sauce
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 T. paprika
- 1 T. red chili paste
- 1 T. tamarind paste
- Soak dry rice noodles in cold water for an hour or until soft.
- Heat the wok until hot; add the oil, shrimps and eggs. Scramble until done.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the drained noodles to the shrimps and egg mixture. Stir fry until noodle is soft, adding a small amount of water if needed.
- When noodles are soft, add sauce, bean sprouts, green onion and chopped peanuts. Combine thoroughly and transfer to serving plate.
- Sprinkle the top with extra chopped peanuts. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.