Recipe type: Canning
- 6 c. peeled, pit removed, and chopped peaches.
- 1¼ c. chopped red onion
- 4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red (or green) pepper, chopped (about ½ - ⅔ c.)
- ½ c. loosely packed finely chopped cilantro (about 1 bunch)
- ½ c. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. liquid honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Blanch, peel, pit and chop peaches; measure 6 cups. Combine all ingredients in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Boil gently, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour into prepared bottles.
- Process- pint jars for 15 minutes, quart jars for 20 minutes.
Makes 4 pints. I like to double or triple the recipe!