Quick Marinara Sauce
Recipe type: Sauce
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano seasonings
- 2 (28 oz.) cans tomatoes (crushed, diced, stewed, etc.)
- 1 T. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the salt and season with pepper, to taste. Use immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- (Great with Parmesan Chicken Recipe)