Recipe type: Canning
- 5 lbs. fresh tomatoes (about 15)
- 2 cups chopped sweet bell peppers (about 4 - 2 red, 2 green)
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 2)
- 3 chopped jalapenos
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 c. white vinegar
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- Blanch tomatoes and peel them. Cut them into quarters, put in a colander to drain off liquid. Chop the tomatoes and add all other ingredients. Bring to boil, simmer for at least 1 hour. Put into sterilized jars.
This recipe yields 6 pints. I recommend doubling or tripling it! I use a food processor to chop my tomatoes, onions and peppers.