Recipe type: Soup
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup Clamato juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, potato, celery, carrots, Clamato juice and lemon-pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, crab and shrimp; cook and stir until cheese is melted.