Sesame Ginger Chicken
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- ⅓ c. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. finely grated ginger root (or ¾ tsp. ground ginger)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4-6 oz. each)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Add chicken. Seal bag. Turn until coated. Let stand in refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnights, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken. Transfer soy sauce mixture to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, for at least 5 minutes, until thickened and reduced by half.
- Preheat grill to medium. Cook chicken on greased grill for 15 to 17 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved soy sauce mixture, until fully cooked and internal temperature reaches 170°.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.