Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 3 russet potatoes, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. kale or Swiss chard, rinsed and chopped
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Drain and discard fat.
- Combine all ingredients except cream and kale in slow cooker. Cook on low 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Add cream and kale to slow cooker, stir, and cook until leaves are wilted and warmed through, 20-30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, serve immediately and enjoy!