Spinach Salad with Cottage Cheese
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 large bag (1 lb) of fresh spinach
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- ¾ lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ lb. bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 c. cottage cheese
- ¾ lb. swiss cheese, grated
- ¾ tsp. poppy seed
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ⅓ c. vinegar
- ¾ c. oil
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ⅓ tsp. mustard
- ¾ tsp. grated onion
- Toss the salad ingredients together.
- Make dressing one day ahead of time. Put dressing on at the last minute.
- For the dressing: put all ingredients except oil in blender. Add oil slowly.