Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2⅔ c. coarsely chopped pretzels
- ⅓ c. butter margarine, melted
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool-Whip
- 1 (23 oz.) container frozen strawberries with syrup
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. strawberry jell-o
- Mix pretzels and butter together. Press into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Fold in the cool whip. Spread over the pretzel crust and chill.
- Dissolve jello in the boiling water. Add frozen strawberries and partially set. Pour over chilled cream mixture and refrigerate until set.
Optional: replace boiling water with hot pineapple juice.