- 4¼ c. sliced fresh strawberries
- 4¼ c. diced rhubarb
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 pkgs. powdered fruit pectin
- 1 T. butter (optional- helps reduce the foam)
- 10 c. white sugar
- In a large kettle, over medium heat, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, fruit pectin and butter. Stir it often. As it gets closer to boiling, add the sugar 1 cup at a time. Stir it constantly to after adding each cup to dissolve the sugar. After all the sugar is added, increase the heat to medium-high.
- Bring to a rolling boil that you can't stir down. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. (I like to blend it with my hand blender, because the rhubarb was still a little too big for my preference.)
- Using a jelly funnel and a ladle, fill the sterilized jars leaving ¼" head space. Put the sterilized lids and rings on. Flip the jars upside down. After 12 minutes, turn them back over and wait for the joyful popping sound.
- Yield: about 6 pints.