Recipe type: Sauce
- 2 c. fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla (or ½ tsp. almond extract)
- Combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly and breaking up the strawberries with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Blend it up with a hand blender until desired consistency is met. Refrigerate unused sauce for up 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Great on waffles, ice cream, cream puffs or in lemonade!