Sweet & Salty
Recipe type: Candy
- 3 c. Cheerios
- 3 c. Life
- 3 c. Chex (or other cereal of your choice)
- 2 c. broken pretzels
- 1 c. margarine or butter
- 1⅓ c. sugar
- ½ c. corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. salted peanuts
- Mix cereals and pretzels into a large bowl.
- In a kettle mix the butter, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla and boil until soft ball, or a little less (about 227°)
- Remove from heat and add the peanuts to syrup mixture.
- Add syrup mixture to the cereals and mix well.
- Pour out on table to cool.
I put wax or parchment paper on my table for easy clean-up. I remember making this every Christmas to take to neighbors and friends.