Szechuan Shrimp Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 10 oz. uncooked thin spaghetti
- ⅓ c. canola oil
- ⅓ c. honey
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. deveined peeled cooked medium shrimp
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. julienned carrots
- 2 c. fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 lrg. sweet red pepper, sliced
- ½ c. sliced green onions
- 3 T. minced fresh cilantro
- ¾ c. coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the canola oil, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes; shake well.
- Drain spaghetti; rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl. Add the shrimp, carrots, peas, red pepper, onions and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Chill until serving.
I prefer to break the pasta in half before cooking for easier tossing and mixing.