Tilapia Fish Tacos
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- ½ c. sour cream
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- ¼ small red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (I don't include the seeds)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 lb tilapia fillets (I buy the breaded ones from Costco)
- 8 flour tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- Combine sour cream and lime juice together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer half of the mixture to another container; set aside for serving. Toss cabbage, scallions and minced jalapeno with remaining sour cream mixture. Season again with salt and pepper. Bake fish in oven according to package directions. Warm tortillas according to package directions. to make the tacos, fill tortillas with slaw, fish and cilantro. Drizzle with reserved sour cream mixture.
I urge you to try these even if you are not a "fish person". Tilapia is a very mild fish without the "fishy" taste.